The Kingdom Of Cecelia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time for a new host?

4 posters

Go down

Time for a new host? Empty Time for a new host?

Post  devongoesdown Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:32 pm

I hope I'm not alone when I say the lag (while very slightly better than it was at first) is unbearable lately. I've checked out a few other servers that updated (not vanilla either, they used a similiar amount of plugins as us) and they run just fine with a higher slot capacity. I'm not sure who Chris uses to host the server, but perhaps it's time to get a new host?

I don't claim to know much about the technical aspects of servers, but surely there's a better option then how things are now. I know it's not free (or cheap for that matter) to use an external host, but I'd be more than willing to chip in, so long as I can actually play again. What do you guys think?

devongoesdown

Back to top Go down

Time for a new host? Empty Re: Time for a new host?

Post  VincentSteel Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:56 pm

devongoesdown wrote: I hope I'm not alone when I say the lag (while very slightly better than it was at first) is unbearable lately. I've checked out a few other servers that updated (not vanilla either, they used a similiar amount of plugins as us) and they run just fine with a higher slot capacity. I'm not sure who Chris uses to host the server, but perhaps it's time to get a new host?

I don't claim to know much about the technical aspects of servers, but surely there's a better option then how things are now. I know it's not free (or cheap for that matter) to use an external host, but I'd be more than willing to chip in, so long as I can actually play again. What do you guys think?

Kris has a dedicated server haha, but yea something is indeed wrong and needs to be fixed.

VincentSteel

Back to top Go down

Post  Intense_Toxicity Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:10 pm

I hope im not the only one... for the past 2 days i havnt been able to to stay connected to the server for more than 30 seconds. when i do get in it doesnt load anything so im just falling forever....

Intense_Toxicity

Back to top Go down

Post  incorruptable Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:00 pm

A new host is in fact needed. And external hosting CAN be cheap. Kris just chose to use an expensive one. Some you can get where its $1 for 2 slots. Those run just as well, if not better, than the current one Kris uses.

incorruptable

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down