The Kingdom Of Cecelia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Election Candidates: The Nomad Clan

+7
Brogain
Creeper'sBane
ferble1
VincentSteel
beanbagtraveler
devongoesdown
KrisIsHidden
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Election Candidates: The Nomad Clan Empty Election Candidates: The Nomad Clan

Post  KrisIsHidden Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:17 pm

If you wish to be a Candidate Please post Why You Should Be Leader of the Nomads and What You Wish to Do When you Come To Power As a Clan Cheif, Also Explain What You Will Do For Your People and Based Of Diplomatic Stances How You Will Defend Them From Invasion.

Thank you.
KrisIsHidden
KrisIsHidden
Admin

https://cecelia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Election Candidates: The Nomad Clan Empty Re: Election Candidates: The Nomad Clan

Post  devongoesdown Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:56 am

Greetings to all who seek the way of peace. I am Silas Bowen, and I am declaring for Clan Chief. Many of you may ask "Who is this Silas, and what makes him think he can lead?" I offer no pardons to why you may not recognize my name. I am newly arrived to these lands, and I will not hide that. I am however well-versed in the art of diplomacy, and I believe I can lead us into an era of peace and stability that will be the envy of the land. For most of my adult life, I have been a drifter, roaming from one land to the next. It is no way to live, but it has allowed me the fortune of learning various cultures and government. You are here today, because you tire of war. You tire of all the tragedies and destruction that follows war. You are here today, because like me, you seek peace and prosperity. Well my friends, you have found your new home. As Clan Chief, I swear to uphold the ideals of our people and to keep out of unnecessary conflict. Yes I said unnecessary, because it would be foolish to think we can live out or lives free from harm from others. There will be those that seek to enslave us, to destroy what we have striven to create. What we cannot meet with diplomacy we will have to meet with battle. To that end, I aim to be prepared to defend what we hold dear. I believe in time the world will come to see that a peaceful existence is a happy existence, and now I ask of you to help me make this kind of world possible.

devongoesdown

Back to top Go down

Election Candidates: The Nomad Clan Empty Vote For Mars 2012!

Post  beanbagtraveler Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:13 am

I am James Mars and I believe that I should be a candidate for leader because I will attempt to make it a peaceful and organized faction. If come to power, as I did in Lunaria all those years ago, I will survey the territory and connect it and organize it into a state that it can defend itself if necessary and provide a peaceful, wealthy existence for the people. Defensive - Wise, I will organize a militia of volunteers to defend the people if ever necessary. ( I plan to stay on good terms with everyone else ) I will determine each person's best skill and utilize them to their full potential to ensure the nomads are a peaceful, smart, advanced, and resourceful people. I have ruled over Pinelandica, Lunaria, and the Luz province of the Lightbringer Republic and believe that I am competent to lead the nomads to success in what will likely be a harsh world. I am not asking to be a hard-ruling ruthless king, but a leader that my people can be proud of. I hope I am considered for the position of leader of the Nomad Clan.
beanbagtraveler
beanbagtraveler

Back to top Go down

Election Candidates: The Nomad Clan Empty My Vote

Post  KrisIsHidden Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:21 am

My Vote Is Undecided,

James seems more humble and i think given a chance to lead he will make a difference in the eyes of his people and bring peace to the Nomads, but does he have what it takes to fight off invasions?

But

Silias seems more dedicated and by the looks of it, if given the chance will be a great leader and build a diplomatic nation. He has clearly addressed that he will defend his people but does he have what it takes take up arms against those that threaten his world?
KrisIsHidden
KrisIsHidden
Admin

https://cecelia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Election Candidates: The Nomad Clan Empty Re: Election Candidates: The Nomad Clan

Post  beanbagtraveler Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:28 am

Perhaps a shared leadership?
beanbagtraveler
beanbagtraveler

Back to top Go down

Post  VincentSteel Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:51 am

My vote is for Silias

VincentSteel

Back to top Go down

Election Candidates: The Nomad Clan Empty My vote

Post  ferble1 Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:57 pm

I vote for silas

ferble1

Back to top Go down

Election Candidates: The Nomad Clan Empty I vote for James!

Post  Creeper'sBane Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:48 pm

I vote for James, mainly because I have been by his side for many years, and he has a heart of steel, forged by the fires of war, and tempered by the waters of diplomacy. He has seen his country through thick and thin, brought it out of the worst of circumstances to a shining end.
The true test of his courage came at a time when no other could be trusted. The entire world was bring ravaged by the Obsidian Forces. Little that stood before them was left alive. Homes were destroyed, monuments ruined, and countries utterly obliterated. James did everything he possible could. We scouted the landscape and hunted them down one by one. Before long though, we were overcome, and we were forced to retreat. Then came the hardest decision he faced. Many people were running for there lives, and needed help. We could bring them to our hometown, Luna Harbor, and save them. However, we knew not whom to trust. A very difficult decision indeed. Either to save a country's people of certain death, or risk the destruction of another country. And I believe that no better decision could have been made. We helped to save their lives, and was rewarded with the destruction of Luna Harbor. It is something that we will never forget, but I would shudder for the day that we lose sight of what was really necessary. We saved as many as we could, and THAT is what truly matters, and that is why I vote for James.

Last edited by Creeper'sBane on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Mistakes in spelling)

Creeper'sBane

Back to top Go down

Post  devongoesdown Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:54 pm

I cast my vote for James.

((Not withdrawing, just exercising good sportsmanship))

devongoesdown

Back to top Go down

Election Candidates: The Nomad Clan Empty RE: Election 2012

Post  beanbagtraveler Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:14 pm

I suppose I should give Silas a vote for good measure as well, and I'm also not withdrawing
beanbagtraveler
beanbagtraveler

Back to top Go down

Post  devongoesdown Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:22 pm

*shakes James hand* Regardless of who wins, I look forward to working with you to make the Nomads a peaceful yet strong and viable faction Smile

devongoesdown

Back to top Go down

Post  beanbagtraveler Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:24 pm

devongoesdown wrote:*shakes James hand* Regardless of who wins, I look forward to working with you to make the Nomads a peaceful yet strong and viable faction Smile
\
You're right, because the goal isn't power, but to make the Nomads a successful and peaceful people
beanbagtraveler
beanbagtraveler

Back to top Go down

Post  beanbagtraveler Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Either Way, I'm curious to see how this will play out
Oh, and bane and I have established an outpost called SummerFlag
beanbagtraveler
beanbagtraveler

Back to top Go down

Post  Brogain Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:37 pm

I cast my full vote to Silas
Brogain
Brogain

Back to top Go down

Post  King_AWES0ME Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:47 pm

My vote goes towards James.

I do not know anything of this "Silas" , so I can't say anything about him.
I do know James however. James is a hard worker. He claims to have past experience in leadership. In the Lightbringers he took on the role of leading a small province. My only worry would be in case of an attack... He himself claims to lack in the combat area. Luckily, the Nomads are overal peaceful peope I believe , but that doesn't mean trouble won't come knocking at their doors.

King_AWES0ME

Back to top Go down

Election Candidates: The Nomad Clan Empty RE: Election 2012

Post  beanbagtraveler Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:46 am

When is the final decision to be made? Because I personally would like to start work on the nomad city so that we can ensure a secure future for our citizens as soon as possible.
beanbagtraveler
beanbagtraveler

Back to top Go down

Post  VincentSteel Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:14 am

beanbagtraveler wrote:When is the final decision to be made? Because I personally would like to start work on the nomad city so that we can ensure a secure future for our citizens as soon as possible.

Nomads are just factionless aparently...

VincentSteel

Back to top Go down

Post  Intense_Toxicity Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:17 am

i vote James....

Intense_Toxicity

Back to top Go down

Post  Creeper'sBane Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:53 am

Hmmmm...... It appears that we have a tie. bounce

Will anyone vote for one of the two candidates?

Creeper'sBane

Back to top Go down

Election Candidates: The Nomad Clan Empty An idea for the instated leader

Post  kolock8000 Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:13 pm

I think that the nomads will become a great faction no matter who wins but i think that it would be better to have say a council instead of just one leader where you vote on ideas brought up so that they might not cast an idea that would destroy the faction or make enemys of allies.My idea might make it so intire factions wouldn't be run by a tyrant that beleived his/her word must be obeyed or that they wouldn't be going to war for a, say a peice of coal, you would be going to war for right reasons not ones that are silly or make no sense.The council would be made of the people that contribute most or are say leaders of cities built not by people that just who just decided to join the faction so they could mess around and try to kill everyone and make a horrible name for us.the And if the vote is undecided the leader would have the final say.I am not asking to be brought into canadincy, i am just asking if whoever becomes the leader considers this idea cause it may make the faction strong.
i do not wish to vote but if i had to i would vote for Silias because not many people have faith in a man that came out of the blue but i do because heck most of my old crew were people that came out of nowhere but they became the most loyal part of my crew.
kolock8000
kolock8000

Location : Falling off the world...Why wasn't it flat?!?!?!?!?!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowserboy129 Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:23 pm

My vote would easily have to go to James for 2 reasons. one because I have personally known him for a while and know that he would be a great leader, and 2 because i know nothing of his competor.

Bowserboy129

Back to top Go down

Post  beanbagtraveler Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:53 pm

kolock8000 wrote:I think that the nomads will become a great faction no matter who wins but i think that it would be better to have say a council instead of just one leader where you vote on ideas brought up so that they might not cast an idea that would destroy the faction or make enemys of allies.My idea might make it so intire factions wouldn't be run by a tyrant that beleived his/her word must be obeyed or that they wouldn't be going to war for a, say a peice of coal, you would be going to war for right reasons not ones that are silly or make no sense.The council would be made of the people that contribute most or are say leaders of cities built not by people that just who just decided to join the faction so they could mess around and try to kill everyone and make a horrible name for us.the And if the vote is undecided the leader would have the final say.I am not asking to be brought into canadincy, i am just asking if whoever becomes the leader considers this idea cause it may make the faction strong.
i do not wish to vote but if i had to i would vote for Silias because not many people have faith in a man that came out of the blue but i do because heck most of my old crew were people that came out of nowhere but they became the most loyal part of my crew.
I love the idea and I had an idea of the sort already in the workings
beanbagtraveler
beanbagtraveler

Back to top Go down

Election Candidates: The Nomad Clan Empty TIE BREAKER NEEDED!!!

Post  kolock8000 Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:35 am

the vote is currently tied at 5 each so we need some to vote to end this.
Unless Silias and James want to share leadership the next vote will decide it so please cast your vote now!
kolock8000
kolock8000

Location : Falling off the world...Why wasn't it flat?!?!?!?!?!

Back to top Go down

Post  VincentSteel Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:31 pm

James now has my vote, simply more active.

4-6 with James in the lead now

VincentSteel

Back to top Go down

Post  devongoesdown Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:14 pm

I've given some thought to it, and I've decided to concede the election to James (If the voting hasnt already been concluded, because he leads in votes anyway), with a strong backing of Kolock's suggestion. I think the council idea is a great idea if kept in an odd number to avoid stalemates. Thank you everyone who voted, especially those who showed faith in me despite my lack of history here.

[[ OOC: Work has been really demanding lately, and I don't think I can be active enough for a leadership position at this point in time. I think beanbagtraveler and I share a lot of similar ideas on how the faction should be run, and I have nothing but confidence that I'm going to enjoy being a part of the Nomads. Thanks again, guys! Smile ]]

devongoesdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next